Database Design and Consultancy for MySQL, MariaDB and Percona MySQL
All Buckhill developed business software applications use databases, and we often implement and develop special hybridised versions to meet very demanding requirements. This means we have gained a wealth of experience and knowledge in database design, development, implementation and administration over a sustained period of time.
Whatever your database requirement we are confident in being able to deliver a cost effective and in time solution. We cover all stages of development from outline schematics to complete solutions. Our design service can be picked up at any stage of your project, from inception to completion and all points in between. We look forward to hearing from you.
A Healthy Database
Information is the lifeblood of every business, and a database of one sort or another is where it lives. Whether maintaining a database for products, accounts, sales, customer support, or for any other role, the potential damage to any business can be immense if certain data is not readily available. We proved a range of services to ensure your data and database(s) are kept in good health and meet your business needs.
As a business grows, so does the data storage and retrieval requirements. Of critical importance is the mining of data for business intelligence and management information purposes. A poorly performing software database system can hinder business growth and has the potential to damage relationships with customers and suppliers. We provide database analysis and monitoring services to detect where problems may exist, and with our findings are able to offer support and recommendations for corrective actions.
It is often difficult to transition from one database or database technology to another, for example when moving away from Excel or Access or a legacy system. We provide specialist middleware solutions to extrapolate data from practically any database and present a more manageable and controllable upgrade path. Our solutions can also transform data and make it available in various formats, as well as providing warehousing options for future data access via a common standard.
Data Exchange and Interaction
We also provide the means for systems to interact with customers and suppliers via a frontend portal, and synchronise data back to an older database technology using Web Services, or by direct user input using online forms and graphical interfaces. With this type of software solution the customer journey is immediately improved, while the core business can move at a slower pace - factoring in change management.
To ensure you get the best from your SQL database(s), we now offer an optimisation service which has been very successful in improving the performance of traditional SQL databases.
Please review our SQL database checklist
Consider if your business has the following in place:-
- How often is your mission critical SQL database backed up and how long does it take?
- When was the last time you performed a full disaster recovery from your SQL dump files?
- Are the indexes and table data types properly set up for maximum query performance?
- Does your application run slow queries, causing application performance degradation?
- Are you employing transactions for critical data?
- Is the storage engine type optimal for your requirements?
- Are you encrypting sensitive data, and ensuring passwords are not in plain text?
- Are you running the latest, secure version of your SQL server, and is it fully hardened?
- Are you running a single SQL server for critical applications? If so, you can benefit from running an SQL cluster to improve availability and reliability.
Many SQL improvements can be made to your existing business application without changing any core code.
Contact us for more information about how we can help you leverage the most from your database infrastructure.