Single Sign On & Federated Identity Management
Whether you are running an existing SSO or IdP set up, looking to explore the potential benefits it can provide your existing application, or simply require help upgrading an existing version, we are here to help. As experts in application development for over a decade, we have the skills, experience and professionalism to assist in the most complex and demanding projects.
We offer SSO and IdP development, implementation and support services, including integration with ADFS (Active Direction Federation Services). This website operates an advanced and customised SimpleSAMLphp (SP) installation which is connected to an SimpleSAMLPHP IdP installation. To view, open the Client Area and select the Buckhill IdP.
Single Sign On & Federated Identity Management services we offer:-
- Requirement discovery and specification building
- Turnkey Federated Identity Management with either Shibboleth or SimpleSAMLphp, or both
- Assistance with existing federated services
- Implementing Two-Factor authentication within the Service Provider
- High availability, disaster recovery planning and testing Cloud or physical set ups
- Documentation and training for existing internal IT departments
- Custom software development to extend or integrate services
- Bespoke additional services, such as ECP (Extended Client or Proxy) support
For more information please get in touch.
Shibboleth Federated Identity Management in detail
Shibboleth is among the world's most widely deployed federated identity solutions, connecting users to applications both within and between organizations. Every software component of the Shibboleth system is free and open source.
Shibboleth IdP Key Features
- Out-of-the-box support for LDAP, Kerberos, web server and Servlet Container based authentication systems.
- Out-of-the-box support for reading user data from LDAP directories and relational databases (no special schemas required) and performing simple or complex transformations on the acquired data.
- Support for releasing only selected data and making sure it gets there securely.
- Excellent scaling - a single instance can handle millions of authentication requests per day and can communicate with thousands of service providers.
- Works with all other known SAML implementations.
- Documented APIs to allow the software to be extended to support custom services.
Shobbleth SP Key Features
- Support for Apache and IIS web servers and FastCGI authorizers on a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Linux, OS X, and Solaris.
- Excellent scalability in both user load and management of Identity Providers.
- Support for virtualization of web servers and applications.
- Works with all compliant SAML implementations.
- A variety of authorization and policy-oriented features.