SSO and IdP consultancy & development
Whether you are running an existing SSO or IdP set up, looking to explore the potential benefits it can provide your existing application, or simply require help upgrading an existing version, we are here to help. As experts in application development for over a decade, we have the skills, experience and professionalism to assist in the most complex and demanding projects.
We offer SSO and IdP development, implementation and support services, including integration with ADFS (Active Direction Federation Services). This website operates an advanced and customised SimpleSAMLphp (SP) installation which is connected to an SimpleSAMLPHP IdP installation.
Improvements we have made over the base open source SimpleSAMLphp IdP include:
- Composer compatible for easy installation and updating
- Configuration and Metadata moved to MySQL database, and then cached with Laravel4 caching classes
- Modified client-side PHP and HTML, highly optimised and hardened for added security
- Laravel 5 integration and support for Blade Templating Engine
- Service Provider installation and re-installation scripts which perform dependency checks and modifications to Laravel4
- Also, support for other lightweight frameworks, such as Silex
- Support for mod-security and web application firewalls
For access to these improvements, please get in touch.
We also offer bespoke software development and consultancy services services for other applications and stacks.
SimpleSAMLphp in detail
SimpleSAMLphp is an award-winning application written in native PHP that deals with authentication. The project is led by UNINETT, has a large user base, a helpful user community and a large set of external contributors.
The main focus of SimpleSAMLphp is to provide functionality for:
- SAML 2.0 as a Service Provider
- SAML 2.0 as a Identity Provider
SimpleSAMLphp also supports other identity protocols, such as Shibboleth 1.3, A-Select, CAS, OpenID, WS-Federation and OAuth.
SimpleSAMLphp as a Service Provider
SimpleSAMLphp is designed for developers of web applications who need to centrally authenticate users. In addition to supporting local authentication, SimpleSAMLphp also supports service provider (SP) functionality. If you are using SimpleSAMLphp as an service provider, it will communicate and delegate authentication with an Identity Provider (IdP). SimpleSAMLphp may connect to both a Shibboleth or a SAML 2.0 Identity Provider.
As simpleSAMLphp is written in PHP, it is the most convenient and simple choice for integrating web-based PHP applications into a federation.
There is also the option to support multiple IdPs and let the user choose how to authenticate via the built-in SAML 2.0 Discovery Service.
Contact us to discuss your SSO & IdP consultancy requirements, with no obligation.