Your Technology Partner
We provide Linux Managed Server support, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, emergency help, remote assistance and maintenance for new and existing server infrastructures.
When working with us we consider ourselves your technology partner and not just another Managed Service vendor. We make this statement as we understand not just the networking and operating system, but also the software and messaging platforms running on the OS. We diagnose problems at the lowest level and look for innovative solutions to resolve those problems to ensure your business operates smoothly and efficiently.
As a mix of software developers, network and database engineers and Linux certified system administrators, we work together as a team to ensure your services remain online, no matter the issues presented to us. When you engage with us, we provide not just an individual engineer, but a collective pool of knowledge from a team who have gained invaluable experience looking after mission-critical infrastructure.
Managed Services Synopsis
Linux Managed Services
Fully supporting all major Linux operating systems, including Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, SuSE and Debian
24/7 Emergency Options
Service contracts can be upgraded to allow for 24/7 emergency engineer coverage
We are AWS Certified partners, but also work with Rackspace, Google, Softlayer and more
Database Engineering Experts
We manage very large MySQL databases (400+GB) and can also support MongoDB / NoSQL
Proactive Security and Pen Testing
Working with penetrating testing companies and tools we proactively monitor your networks
MySQL Performance Audits
We can perform audits and recommend MySQL performance enhancements
Linux Certified Engineers
Our engineers have years of real world experience managing Linux networks
Project Management Included
We include project management with every engineer assigned to you to ensure smooth operations
Complying to ISO27001
Our offices and work processes comply with ISO27001 standards, independently verified
Software Engineering Focused
Our team are not just network or OS admins but software engineers able to diagnose complex issue
Real Time Monitoring
Proactively stay in control of your systems
Contact us to discuss your Linux server requirements, with no obligationREQUEST A CALLBACK
Benefits to your business
- Highly cost effective. A simple pricing model makes our Managed Services excellent value with predictable costs
- Working alongside in-house engineers complementing your existing assets, or completely outsource to us
- Working with you from conception, to systems architecture, through to completion and ongoing support
- Able to work in collaboration with you and your customers with white label options
- Providing both proactive and reactive support services, with optional 24/7 coverage and SLAs
- Licensing management - procuring the correct licenses on your behalf
- On-site engineers suitable for sensitive data environments available upon request
Our managed services are available in two flavours, proactive and reactive.
Reactive Managed Services
- Suitable for start-ups and/or low-cost, low risk systems
- Small monthly retainer which includes 24/7 monitoring
- Pay-as-you-go support model, priced by the hour, charged in 15 minute blocks
Proactive Managed Services
- A fully managed network and hosting environment which includes 24/7 monitoring and access to network, database, operating system and software engineers
- Proactive upgrades of security patches, kernels and base OS
- Optional 24/7 coverage and SLAs
No Hidden Fees
- Both options offer transparent pricing with contractually agreed hourly rates
- Fixed cost and longer term 3 and 5 year contract options available
- Dedicated project manager and technical lead
Some of the Linux services we support, include:
|Custom Web Applications||Custom Web Applications|
|Web Servers||NGINX, Apache2, TomCat|
|Software Frameworks||CodeIgnighter, Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, Silex, Zend|
|DevOps Tools||GIT, SVN, GitLab, GitHub, Scrum/Agile Tooling, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins|
|Cloud Management||Auto Scale, Puppet Manifest Deployments|
|Clustered File System||CephFS, Gluster, GFS2|
|Caching||NGINX, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB In Memory Storage|
|Operating Systems||Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Amazon Linux|
Additional services include:
- Atlassian Products (JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Crowd)
- Applications requiring PHP, Python, Java, Perl
- IBM software supporting Red Hat OS
- Large Wordpress installations
- Magento, Shopify, X-cart, Cubecart, CS Cart, and custom e-commerce solutions
- Selenium / Selenium GRID
To summarise our services
- Linux Managed Support
- Linux Managed Consultancy
- Linux Managed Outsourcing
- Linux Managed Cloud Hosting
- Linux Managed Management
- Linux Managed Remote Support
- Linux Managed Remote Management
We are happy to consult with you to ensure the best possible upgrade path for your existing systems, provide support, or one off installation support and guidance.
"We stumbled across Buckhill after searching online for someone to support our FreeBSD internal servers as we didn't have the expertise in-house. We have since used Buckhill for various tasks including the migration from internal servers to Amazon Web Services. We found this process to be extremely professional and a smooth process. This has positively impacted the business meaning we have robust systems that outperforms our old servers, this has also translated into additional revenue for the business. The technical expertise within the team at Buckhill is far above any other agency that we have dealt with, this means that we can always rely on Buckhill to provide the very best solution for any issues we have. We now treat Buckhill as part of the in-house Digital Marketing team."
Head of Digital Marketing
"Buckhill are an outstanding service supplier. They have considerable Linux knowledge and experience which has enabled them to successfully undertake a number of complicated migrations and platform designs for us. They do what they say they're going to do when they say they’re going to do it and challenges are never problems. These qualities are rare."
Information Services Manager
The Scouts Association
"Buckhill were very helpful scoping up a vastly improved and flexible server environment - from the very first phone call we were able to define the problem and agree on a route towards solution. The project was completed with the minimum of fuss, on time and on budget. Real time technical support was available throughout the process and we now have a vastly improved operational environment that is future proofed for our strategic objectives. We are very happy with the results and have quickly realised the ROI."
"Working with Buckhill was a pleasure. Right from the consultation process, through to their depths of knowledge & obvious enterprise experience - I would have no hesitation recommending their services."
TBA Digital, Canada
"We are delighted with our choice of service provider, and have nothing but good things to say about Buckhill. Stuart and his team have acted with a high level of professionalism and competence in all respects. We cannot recommend them highly enough."
"Buckhill provided us with excellent service throughout our project. From the detailed initial meeting, to explaining the process, to final delivery, prompt response and assistance with follow up questions. We have been thoroughly impressed."
CRM Innovations, Canada